Monday 17 May 2010

Consumer Psychology

Consumer Psychology

by Cathrine V. Jansson-Boyd (Author)


I recently took this book out of the library to get a greater insight into how the audience reacts to design. It was suggested in a crit for my design context that the type of graphic design I am interested in relies on 'getting inside the heads' of people and really connecting with them to spark a reaction from the design message.

So here are some scans of the most relevant information I found relating to my own design practice, they talk about emotions, consumer behavior in general, use of shock tactics, and also work for charities.

It was interesting to look at design from a different point of view as psychologists have studied what we do as designers. I find it fascinating how people can be 'read' and broke down in this way, if it helps me create more successful designs then thats a good thing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment